Today marked Day 1 of the Week of Hard Labor from Sagi and Beachbody On Demand. This is a special, BOD only, week of brand new workouts from Sagi Kalev, the creator of Body Beast. There is no better way to start it off than with CHEST AND BACK! But before we get into that, let’s look at that schedule.
Week of Hard Labor Schedule
Right off the bat, this is up my alley LOL I love good splits with a push and pull day, leg day, and then a glamor muscle day :) Maybe it’s something I learned from Tony, but I love it! If you have the gear for Beast, then you can do the week of Hard Labor. BB is releasing one workout a day all week. So you have to get in there and have your BOD membership ready to take part.
Day 1: Chest & Back – 44 Mins
The gear is again, just like Beast with an adjustable bench, pull up bar, dumbbells, and maybe a pull up assist. With that gear you will get the most out of that workout. I have gone into it before, but the stability ball as a bench is ok for a while but you won’t be able to push the same weight and build the same amount of muscle without a bench. You want that stability of a bench to push the heavier weights.
The WARM UP feels a lot like Beast. So if you have done Body Beast, then you will be right at home. Your chest and shoulders will be nice and warm after it. Get some dumbbells out from light to heavy plus. 4 to 5 sets in a good range of weight will do you well. From there the workout takes you into the following:
- 3 RD Super Set of Flat Bench Twisting Press & Pull Overs (10 Reps, 8 Reps, 6 Reps – Drop Set 6 Reps)
- 3 RD Super Set of Incline Press & 1 Arm Row (10 Reps, 8 Reps, 6 Reps – Drop Set 6 Reps)
- The Press is a single, single, double – basically right arm, left arm, and together. That equals A LOT OF REPS!
- Then on the Rows, you alternate the grip and really crush your back. I love this one!
- 2 RD GIANT SET: Close Grip Press, Push Ups, Pull Ups, & Reverse Flys
- Reps vary here as does your grip on the pull ups, but let me tell you – the 20 reps of push ups are killer! Your chest will already be PUMPED by these giant sets. You’ll love it!
- Force Set: Close Grip Press (3 Rds), Chin Ups, Reverse Flys
- Close grip is a mean 6 reps Heavy Plus, to 6 Reps Heavy, to 6 more reps HEAVY!
- Chin ups are 10 reps
- Final 10 reps of rev flys
If you’ve gone all out, you will be spent and ready for that cool down. *I jotted this down quick, so if I missed something, let me know!
This was an awesome workout! Dang it makes me want BEAST 2!!! This was classic Sagi and it kicks your butt lol If you don’t have BOD, I would really recommend it. Check out Beachbody On Demand here and ask anyone on teamRIPPED about it. It’s 100% worth it.
Come back with me tomorrow for LEGS!!!
Need a coach?This is what I do. I help people get results and use my experience and the experience of thousands of teamRIPPED members to do it. I have been there and done it! My help costs you $0... NOTHING! So try me. Send me and email or message me on Facebook. I am here to help! All you have to do is sign up below and you will be part of teamRIPPED!
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org