It’s no secret that time management is a big topic! We all live seemingly busier and busier lives. I don’t know about you, but our schedules are packed! Kids to different schools, sport, activities, church, work, family time, and the list goes on. When we throw working out into the mix it can often seem like “I DON’T HAVE THE TIME!” Let talk about how to find that time.
Time Management for Working Out: Non-Negotiables
My first step is identifying those Non-Negotiables in your life. What do you have to do? For me, it’s my relationship with God (prayer, reading the Bible, church, fellowship), my marriage and family, and work. So when I added in working out, those things could not change. It’s true, those take up some time, but you can see it is a pretty small list.
This is a bigger list for most people LOL Let me give you a list of what I see people using their time for:
- Hobbies (golf, sports, hunting, fishing, etc)
- TV (shows, sports, movies)
- Computer (social media usage is a huge for people)
- Your Cell Phone (texting, social media, etc)
- Committees or groups
- Going Out (eating, partying, etc)
- Rigid Sleep Habits
So the task we have in planning time is how do we shift some of your negotiables to make working out not only fit but fit in such a way it can become a non-negotiable.
Making Your Schedule Work
So if I get a little tough on ya, y’all know I still love you right?! Let’s make it work for us! Take a blank week of a planner.
- Block off those NON-NEGOTIABLE times. (ex. work 9 am – 5 pm | Church Wednesday night at 7pm | Travel times to drop kids off)
- Look for CONSISTENT open time blocks. (For me, this was early morning, I just never have consistent time elsewhere)
- BLOCK off your workouts! They are now scheduled and you have to keep this appointment.
- Look at your SLEEP. If you are an early workout person, what time do you need to be in bed to get a good 7-8 hours? If you are an evening person, can you get your workout in and still have plenty of time for rest before you have to get up for those other non-negotiables?
- Any bonus time… feel free to use that as you need. Don’t forget meal prep takes more time than fast food… so don’t waste it!
I want to hear from you!
- If you have had success getting your workouts in your schedule, what helped you do it?
- Did you have to cut some things you loved to do?
- How has your life changed?
Let’s bring it teamRIPPED! Control your schedule and make it work for you!
Need a coach?This is what I do. I help people get results and use my experience and the experience of thousands of teamRIPPED members to do it. I have been there and done it! My help costs you $0... NOTHING! So try me. Send me and email or message me on Facebook. I am here to help! All you have to do is sign up below and you will be part of teamRIPPED!
My email: email@example.com