Hey teamRIPPED nation!
It’s October! Less than 90 days until the New Year!!!! This year has flown by, hasn’t it?
This is such a great time of year, and it’s such a GREAT OPPORTUNITY that so many people miss. Most people will spend the next 90 days letting themselves get out of shape and overindulging on poor food choices, only to find themselves staring down the barrel of an ominous “New Year’s Resolution” to undo the damage they’ve inflicted on themselves these next 90 days.
What if the teamRIPPED nation goes against the flow? What if we buck the trend? What if we spend the next 90 days going HARD, Bringing it, and taking our fitness to new levels? How much different … BETTER … will our New Year start?
That’s what I plan on doing. I have a fun goal of participating in several obstacle course races in 2014 … since I’ll be 40 and as part of my midlife crisis I want to take an “I’ve Still Got It!” tour to show the young fellas how it’s done. LOL! So instead of dialing it back and coasting through the winter, I’m dialing it UP to elevate my cardio capacity while I continue to increase my upper body strength and stability.
What goal will you set these next 90 days to keep your eye on the prize? If you aren’t sure what goal you should set, consider this =
THE BOD All Access Challenge Pack
I used to recommend new programs that looked great when they came out. P90X2 was a huge hit and great program. Body Beast is still awesome.MAX30 crushed it. But now, why pic one?
You get the ENTIRE BB catalog, streaming online, to test out and try whatever program you want. No waiting around either. When new programs are released, you get em! How awesome is that? Match that up with the best nutrition in the world with Shakeology and you’ve got a winner! All this for the crazy price of $160.
Fall Comfort and HEALTH Food (from the TBB Blog)
This Cajun-style stew uses lean chicken breast meat in place of high-fat sausage and is thickened with arrowroot instead of butter and flour. Aromatic spices combine in a luxuriously rich sauce with okra and other vegetables. If fresh okra is not available in your local market, frozen okra will work just as well.
Total Time: 1 hr.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Yield: 8 servings
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
1 medium celery stalk, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1½ lbs. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch strips
2 Tbsp. arrowroot (or corn starch)
3 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
1 bay leaf
½ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco®)
8 oz. medium okra, sliced into ½-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, carrots, celery, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion softens.
3. Add garlic and chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. Add arrowroot to broth; whisk to blend.
5. Slowly whisk broth into chicken mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly. The mixture should not be lumpy.
6. Add bay leaf, thyme, pepper, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Add okra; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 additional minutes. Remove bay leaf.
8. Serve about ¾ cup over ½ cup of rice.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Sodium: 152 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 22 g
And 2 favors that I ask:
1) If you like the hard work I put into writing my articles and videos, PLEASE help me out by sharing them. Click the share links below them and share them on FB, twitter, etc. It really helps me get more exposure and grow teamRIPPED!
2) Also, as always, remember that the way I benefit from being your coach is that I earn a commission from any Beachbody products that you purchase, as long as you buy them through my site, www.teamRIPPED.com, or by logging in to www.teambeachbody.com to do your shopping (If you buy from the plain beachbody site I get no credit). It helps with the amount of time I spend answering all your questions and helping you out. Thank you! I really appreciate it!
Keep bringing it and inspiring others to do the same gang!!
Need a coach?This is what I do. I help people get results and use my experience and the experience of thousands of teamRIPPED members to do it. I have been there and done it! My help costs you $0... NOTHING! So try me. Send me and email or message me on Facebook. I am here to help! All you have to do is sign up below and you will be part of teamRIPPED!
My email: email@example.com